Terms of the promotion offer
1. 0.18% Brokerage Fee Offer for New Securities Customers Buying and Selling Transactions via Automated Trading Channels for 2 Years Offer Period
- The promotion period is from 1 April to 31 July 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- This promotional offer is only applicable to new securities accounts holders (“Eligible New Customers”) who have not maintained any securities accounts with Nanyang Commercial Bank, Limited (the “Bank”) (whether individual or joint-named securities / securities margin / securities (collateral) accounts) within six months before the account opening date, and open new individual securities accounts (not applicable to Family Securities Accounts, securities margin accounts and securities (collateral) accounts) during the Promotion Period.
- Eligible New Customers conduct transactions via the new securities accounts within two years (calculated as 730 calendar days, including the 730th day, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the account opening date (“Offer Period”) for buying and selling securities listed on Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (“HKEx”) and settled in HKD or RMB or securities listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange (“SSE”) / Shenzhen Stock Exchange (“SZSE”) (“Eligible Securities”) can enjoy preferential brokerage rate: 0.18% for automated trading channels (including Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Automated Stock Trading Hotline) and 0.25% for non-automated trading channels (including Branches and Manned Trading Hotline) can enjoy 0.25% brokerage fee. Both channels are subject to a minimum charge of HKD/RMD100 for each transaction. Eligible Securities exclude Monthly Stocks Savings Plan and IPO subscription.
- The preferential brokerage rate is applicable to the new securities accounts of Eligible New Customers during the Offer Period. After the Offer Period, the brokerage fee will be resumed to be charged in accordance with the schedule of “Fees and Charges of Securities Services” according to Eligible New Customers’ membership tier of the Securities Club.
2. Buying Brokerage Fee Waiver Offer for New Securities Customers
- The promotion period is from 1 April to 31 July 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- To enjoy the Brokerage Fee Waiver Offer, Eligible New Customers must complete buying transactions of securities listed on HKEx and settled in HKD or RMB or securities listed on SSE / SZSE through automated trading channels (including Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and Automated Stock Trading Hotline)(“Eligible Securities Transactions”) via the new securities accounts within the first six months (calculated as 180 calendar days, including the 180th day, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) from the account opening date. Eligible Securities Transactions exclude Monthly Stocks Savings Plan and IPO subscription.
- Eligible New Customers should pay the brokerage fee of buying transactions first. The brokerage fee waiver ("Brokerage Fee Waiver") will be credit to the settlement accounts of Eligible New Customers subject to the account opening date (accounts opened between April and May 2020 will receive the rebate on or before 31 March 2021; accounts opened between June and July 2020 will receive the rebate on or before 31 May 2021). If an Eligible New Customer holds more than one settlement account, the Bank has the discretion to credit the Brokerage Fee Waiver to any one of the settlement accounts. Eligible New Customers should maintain valid New Securities Accounts and relevant settlement accounts at the time when the Brokerage Fee Waiver is credited, otherwise this offer will be forfeited.
- The brokerage fee settled in RMB will be converted into HKD at the exchange rate determined by the Bank: the relevant Brokerage Fee Waiver for accounts opened between April and May 2020 will be converted into Hong Kong dollars according to the Bank buy closing exchange rate (as quote by the Bank) on 26 February 2021; the relevant Brokerage Fee Waiver for accounts opened between June and July 2020 will be converted into Hong Kong dollars according to the Bank buy closing exchange rate (as quote by the Bank) on 30 April 2021.
- Each Eligible Customer can enjoy this offer once only regardless of number of New Securities Accounts opened during the Promotion Period. The bank reserves the right to change the calculation method of the refund amount at its sole discretion.
- Other transaction fees that are not included in the above offer still apply. These include, but not limited to brokerage fee of selling transactions, transaction charge, Hong Kong stamp duty, transaction levy charged by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong and trading fee charged by HKEx, stamp duty charged by the State Administration of Taxation, securities management fee charged by China Securities Regulatory Commission, handling fee charged by SSE/SZSE and transfer fee charged by China Securities Depository and Clearing Corporation Limited.
3. Cash Reward Offer for Securities Transfer In Transactions or Physical Scrip Deposit of Hong Kong Listed Securities (“Cash Reward Offer”)
- The promotion period is from 1 April to 30 September 2020 (both dates inclusive) (“Cash Reward Offer Promotion Period”).
- The Cash Reward Offer is applicable to individual customers who successfully transfer local securities listed on HKEx (“Eligible Securities”) via Central Clearing and Settlement System (CCASS) or deposit physical scrip into their securities accounts of the Bank within the Cash Reward Offer Promotion Period (“Eligible Securities Customers”). There is no restriction on the settlement currency of the Eligible Securities. However, securities deposit transactions made in respect of IPO subscription via the bank will be excluded.
- During the Cash Reward Offer Promotion Period, Eligible Securities Customers can enjoy a Cash Reward of HK$200 for the first HK$200,000 accumulated market value for successfully transferring or depositing Eligible Securities, and a Cash Reward of HK$100 for each HK$100,000 of accumulated market value for successfully transferring or depositing Eligible Securities afterwards. The maximum amount of Cash Reward that an Eligible Securities Customer can enjoy is capped according to the type of Banking Service as stated as below:
Type of Banking Service
Maximum Cash Reward
NCB Wealth Management
Enrich Banking / i-Free Banking
Mass Retail Customers
- The market value of Eligible Securities is calculated on the basis of the closing price and exchange rate on the day of transferring or depositing the securities by Eligible Securities Customers. If the closing price and/or exchange rate of Eligible Securities cannot be determined on the day of transfer or deposit, the final price and/or exchange rate used for calculating the market value will be determined by the Bank at its sole discretion.
- The Cash Reward Offer is not applicable to customers who withdraw any Eligible Securities (via CCASS or by physical scrip) from their related securities accounts maintained with the Bank during the Cash Reward Offer Promotion Period.
- The Cash Reward will be credited into the securities settlement accounts of Customers on or before 31 December 2020. If Customers hold more than one settlement account, the Bank shall have sole discretion to determine which settlement account the Cash Reward will be credited into. Customers must maintain valid securities accounts and relevant settlement accounts at the time when the Cash Reward is credited. Otherwise, the offer will be forfeited.
- For details of the relevant services, promotional offers and terms and conditions, please contact the staff of the Bank.
- For information relating to the terms and conditions and charges of our services and accounts, please refer to the relevant Conditions and Rules for Services, Services Information, Guides and Schedule of Charges.
- Unless otherwise specified, this promotional offer does not apply to the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (CIES) accounts holders, securities accounts holders who have enjoyed other conjunctional offers / specific services and the staff of the Bank.
- The above offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers that are not listed in this promotional material.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend, suspend and terminate the promotional offer listed in this promotional material and amend the relevant terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice to customers.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final.
- In case of any discrepancies between the Chinese and English version, the Chinese version shall prevail.
The following risk disclosure statements cannot disclose all the risks involved. You should undertake your own research and study before you trade or invest. You should carefully consider whether trading or investment is suitable in light of your own financial position, investment experience and investment objective. You are advised to seek independent financial and professional advice before you trade or invest. You should seek independent professional advice if you are uncertain of or have not understood any aspect of the following risk disclosure statements or the nature and risks involved in trading or investment.
Related Risk Disclosure of Securities Trading
The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
Risk Disclosure of RMB Exchange and Investment
RMB investments are subject to exchange rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer converts RMB into HKD or other foreign currencies.
(Only applicable to Individual Customers) RMB is currently not fully freely convertible. Individual customers can be offered CNH rate to conduct conversion of RMB through bank accounts and may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, for which it is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment. Customers should consider and understand the possible impact on their liquidity of RMB funds in advance.
(Only applicable to Corporate Customers) RMB is currently not fully freely convertible. Corporate customers that intend to conduct conversion of RMB through banks may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, for which it is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment. Customers should consider and understand the possible impact on their liquidity of RMB funds in advance.
You are reminded to understand the relevant details, risks, charges and important notes before investing in Shanghai A shares or Shenzhen A shares. For details, please read the “Important Notice of Trading China A Shares and A Shares Margin Trading via Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect” in our website or contact our branch staff.
This promotional material does not constitute any offer, solicitation, recommendation, comment or guarantee to the purchase, subscription or sale of any investment product or service.
This promotional material is issued by the Bank and the contents have not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.